Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was so much fun this year. When I first moves to Utah I was disappointed when Cindy's kids had to bundle up to go trick-or-treating. It was almost not worth even dressing them up. By the time my kids came along, it was just how things were. I had forgotten how wonderful it was to be able to go outside in a simple costume without covering it up with a coat and then still freeze!

Kara apparently loves Halloween and was missing her family. Cindy use to tell me how wonderful it was to have her around to dress the kids up. I am so happy to have her here now to dress my kids up. Randi was a devil. Probably the most beautiful devil I have ever seen. She danced around all night and didn't want to wash it all off when we were all done. Randi had so much fun!! Kara and her are so much alike!


Ryder was Dracula. Kara had more plans for him but he is picky and didn't want white makeup or the mold in teeth. His plastic ones were fine! LOL Just like a boy huh? He did let her color his hair black, but that was about all the "makeup" he was going to tolerate!


Isabele was not happy about the Witches hat. Luckily Kara had another plan of just a cute ribbon for her hair. She was just interested in all the commotion and wanted to eat all the candy!!!


Kara and I sat OUTSIDE and handed out candy while Jim took the kids around to the neighbors. No more hiding in our house, running to two or three houses, running back to warm up, and turning off the lights early in the evening because we are to cold to keep opening the door to give more treats out.

I even had a bonus! Kara took all of our pictures, edited them, and emailed them to me. I really did nothing this Halloween!

Oh the simple joys in life!

1 comment:

danandcami said...

WOW!! They all look great! I agree that Randi is a beautiful Devil. Too bad your friend wasn't here when Carlee and Sara were devils. Believe it or not we were warm here for halloween also. It was in the 60's that night. I didn't even wear a jacket walking around with the kids.