Thursday, February 5, 2009

Do you Back up?

Ok I admit it. I don't back up my system. I figure everything will still be there tomorrow. I had a scare about a year ago when my last computer died, but in the end I was able to get everything I wanted/needed off and onto this computer. I was happy and didn't learn my lesson.

I haven't backed up anything since I got this computer. A year and a half of pictures and information with nothing to back me up. Two weeks ago my computer died. I was trying to download the vista service pack and it shut me down. I took it to some Techi's in hopes they could recover something. They worked on it a week and ended up getting NOTHING! It was a total loss.

I got my computer back last Saturday. I have spent this week trying to find what I can. I have come up with a few good things. I have some pictures here on the blog, a few on myfamily.com, and even more uploaded to snapfish.com. That wasn't luck, that was my sister pushing me to do something 'just in case'. I can't thank her enough. In my joy of finding some photos, I thought I would share a few.


Ella 3 days old


So, have I learned my lesson you ask? YES! The wonderful Techi, Russ, set me up with an external hard drive that automatically backs everything up once a week. All I have to do it remember to leave it running. Shouldn't be that hard. Right? In the wake of loosing most of Ella's baby pictures, trust me, it is NOT that hard!!!


Ryder and Ella

Anyway, luckily I hadn't downloaded pictures from Christmas and Ryders birthday. I will get them downloaded and posted as soon as I have a minute!!! Oh, and I will also send them to snapfish, myfamily, and my hard drive. Think I have it all covered? LOL

1 comment:

Kara said...

I am still not smart enough to back my computer. But I am ooking into an external hard drive. Do those not crash?

I will get your pictures to you as soon as I can.