Friday, August 28, 2009

Boys will be Boys!

Ryder had the ride of his life this week.


Jim called to tell me the party he was supposed to go to that day had been canceled but they had given him two tickets to the Rockies v Dodgers game that night. He wondered if Ryder could come up and go with him. I found a flight leaving at 3, so I threw some clothes into a suitcase, and ran to the school.



Fully expecting, Ryder to say NO WAY! After all, he is only 6. I got him out of class to explain what was going on and asked him if he wanted to go. I about fell of my chair when he jumped at the idea of going and ran back into his room to tell his teacher and gather his stuff.

Where did my little boy go?

We made it to the airport just in time, got through security, and to the plane with enough time to eat a hot dog and board. It was exciting to be able to walk all the way to the gate to see him off. I tried to give him a hug, but with 2 cute girls traveling with him (also unaccompanied) he wasn't going to have any of that. All I got was "Bye Mom".

Just before they pushed back the plane the gate attendant called me. Knowing he wouldn't go without me I said "Did he melt down?", She said "No, he lost his tooth". She took Randi down the Jetway to get his tooth. Shortly after, they were on their way.

(second window from the front)

Yep! This crazy mom cried!


and so did his sisters.

Dad was there to pick him up and they made it to the game!


Look at the missing tooth!


What a night! They called me after the game singing "Take me out to the ball game".


The next day they stopped by to see Ryder's friend Riley. They checked him out of school for lunch.



of all places to go for lunch! Couldn't they have picked something better than McDonalds?

Ryder came home with a buck, proving the tooth fairy can find you anywhere!

Jim came home with my Ry, who I can't call my little boy any longer!

WHAT A FUN TRIP!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow - what a fun, spontaneous trip! Love your blog, Crystal! Your kids are so cute too! It's fun to catch up with what you guys have been doing! :)