Monday, March 8, 2010

Our new addition

Since the death of our beloved 'Pig', we have struggled to adjust to being a one car family.  The other day in my travels, I drove past a cute little mustang with a "For Sale" sign.  I smiled to myself.  It almost looked like my first car, except it was a convertible.  How fun would that be!


A few days later, Jim and I were talking about what we were going to do.  Just one vehicle just wasn't taking care of our family.  I mentioned the little white mustang, knowing it wasn't an option, and remembered aloud my first car and all of its quirks.

The next evening I found myself watching Jim get into the drivers seat of the mustang and taking off.  Knowing he was just having some fun I waited patiently.  He came back with a smile on his face and we went home.  He talked about that car all evening.  He went over the pro's and the con's and I went over the memories of having a mustang.  Friday afternoon, after thinking about it all day, I drove by the car again.  Thinking I was safe because I had our ONLY vehicle, I found myself putting a car seat in the back and sitting in the drivers seat myself.  Oh the comfort!  I almost felt like a teenager again!  I drove around for a few minutes then stopped by the house for a minute when Travis drove up behind me and Jim got out.  I was caught!  We all stood around admiring the little car for a few minutes before Travis drove away and it was time to pick up the kids.  How fun to put down the top and pull into the school for the kids!


They went crazy with excitement when they saw us.  That evening we took the car back long enough for the owner to clean it out and sign the title.


Jim bought it for me!  He calls it by car and yes, I love it, but we all have a lot of fun with it!!

No comments: