While talking to a friend, Monday morning, Randi asked how her weekend went. The friend responded with a fun schedule of her activities that, among other things, included swimming, sleeping in, and just having fun. When the friend ask Randi what she did over the weekend all she could say was "work." They both proceeded to lament about their Mothers working them and how much they hated it!
While Randi was telling me this story, I smiled to myself. I remember how much I HATED the Saturday morning cleanings! The crazy jobs that Grandma would have me do were beyond my understanding. I think sweeping the road irritated me the most! But I do have to admit that sweeping the road, although humiliating, was much better then getting up at 4:30 am all summer to work in the fields.
"I am not Grandma!" I thought "I have never made my kids sweep the road!"
So, what did I make her do you ask?
We washed the windows and scrubbed the blinds.
Yes, she is wearing her swimming suit. She got to hold the blinds up while I sprayed them off. Now tell me that isn't just like swimming!
We laid them on the trampoline to dry before hanging them up again.
Now that was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment