Monday, June 13, 2011

Ella's Hair Affair

I enjoyed Ella's hair for 3 years before I finally decided she could get her first haircut.  I was so sad to see those curls fall to the floor.  Look how it has grown in just about 6 months.


She loved her long hair.  She likes having braids, ponytails, and pretty flowers put in it. 

So why is she standing in a salon?

I'll tell you why.

A few weeks ago all the kids were playing in the other room when I hear "Oh No!"  

I heard Randi jump up and take care of things.  I decided that if it was that big of a "Oh No!" she would have been in telling me about it.  No one was telling me anything so I continued folding clothes and pretended I didn't hear anything.

Randi was being such a big help the next few days I barely got to see Ella.  She was jumping to help her get dressed and do her hair.  Ella was enjoying the attention and loved all the new hairstyles Randi was coming up with.

The other day, Ella was talking to me and I noticed something odd.  


Can you see it?

Try this one...


Now can you see it? 

Look at her right shoulder...

When I asked her what happened she calmly told me that RANDI cut her hair.  In disbelief I scolded her for lying.  After all, why would my 11 year old cut her LITTLE sisters hair?  I just knew Ella had done it and didn't want to get into trouble, so I called Randi in and asked the question...

I couldn't believe my ears.

While playing "Hairstylist" she had grabbed my good scissors and cut a hunk out of Ella's hair.

Really, that shouldn't surprise me.  

We have a stuffed lamb, from one of my Nativity sets, that also had his hair trimmed by Randi, the amazing hairstylist.

But this time it was her sister and I had to go get it fixed.


It's a good thing Ella loves her sister.

It's a good thing I broke down and got her first haircut 6 months ago.

It's a good thing I have found a good hairstylist.

It's a good thing Ella's hair grows fast.

It's a good thing Randi can run faster than I can.


I am thinking I need to find that girl a good Cosmetology School!

No comments: