Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gymnastics

Gymnastics, an odd sport at best. I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to flip and dance around on a 4 inch beam trying not to fall off, the thought of swinging on those high bars in more than I can bare, and the thought of flipping and flying around in the floor routine is well just dumb. I like my feet securely placed flat on the ground. No need for them to be over my head while flipping through the air!

When Ella started hanging from any edge, bar, limb, or molding she could reach I was concerned. I scolded her, sent her to time out, even made her wash the dirty finger prints off the walls but nothing helped. She loves empty rooms she can dance, roll, and jump around in. When she told me she wanted to do some gymnastics, I was less than excited.



She was so happy when I finally enrolled her into Gymnastics and now she gets to hang on real bars, jump on the mats, and do amazing cartwheels.

No comments: