Friday, October 10, 2008

Accident Prone

We have been on break for about two weeks now. We have had a lot of fun during the break! A bit accident prone but fun!

We started the break picking apples at Angles Orchard up Mt. Graham. It was a day trip to get there and home, but so worth the joy of picking the apples and having them to eat for the past two weeks. What fun!

My problem has been forgetting my camera. I would love to tell you more about picking apples, the kids sleeping out on the trampoline, spending the day swimming, playing in the fountains at the mall, and the good parts of our evening of skating. But without pictures, it isn't as interesting.

We haven't done much since Randi's trip to the ER on Monday. With her in a cast and Ryder in a splint (that he only wears for show) there just isn't much we can do. Although, I found out Thursday that it wasn't all over yet.

Thursday morning, Jim left early for a meeting in Phoenix. He called me about 30 minutes after he left to tell me he had been in an accident. By the time the accident got cleaned up, his truck was towed, and he got home it was late morning. We packed everyone up and headed back to the Urgent Care to get his eye looked at.


Jim's Black Eye

The doctor didn't stitch him up. He said he would make it look worse. He has a wonderful black eye and he is a bit sore, but at least he is ok! I wanted a picture of his truck but by the time he saw the doctor and we got to the truck they had already pulled it apart.

The kids were starving by the time we got done with the doctor and truck so we thought we would stop by Chick-fil-a for some lunch and to let the little ones play. But while playing a little boy bit Ella. I looked for broken skin and checked her over pretty good then assured the boys mother that she was fine. I have to admit I was secretly wondering if any of us would make it home alive!!

I didn't think I should take a picture until this morning. I can't believe the welt is still there! It does look much better though.



Ella's Arm

I have never been so happy that it is Friday!!! I honestly hope that this week and all our crazy accidents are OVER!!!

1 comment:

danandcami said...

Yikes!!!! Usually things happen in threes but it looks like your family got it in fours this week. I am so sorry, but so glad none of them were any worse, especailly Jim. Crystal you had better be careful!!!