Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oceanfront Bliss

We went to California for our family vacation this year. We had great fun!!! We enjoyed most of our time at the Surf and Sands Hotel on Laguna Beach.

( I admit I took this picture off their website)



We spent most of our time laying on the beach


watching the kids play in the water



and in the sand



The kids had fun at "kids night". They had a huge table of food, played games, decorated cookies, and watched a movie



while Jim and I enjoyed a quiet dinner at 'Splashes Restaurant' on the beach.



We had dessert upstairs on our balcony



While watching this beautiful sunset.


I found Ryder enjoying the ocean view early one morning

We had breakfast on the balcony




Played on the beach


and ate lunch out of a bucket




The kids were thrilled to come back to the room and find 2 tents, 3 sleeping bags,

and a plate of smores on their pillow each night.



After putting the kids to bed, Jim and I spent the evenings walking along the beach.



The dinner cruise was a blast for all of us.



We ate


and ate

enjoyed the view, smells, and the sea lion that was following us.



Although he was shy and every time I got out the camera he was gone.



A few more poses for the photographer (with Mom sneaking a few clicks too) before we headed back inside



for some dancing





the 'LocoMotion'



the Limbo





and some romance

2 comments:

Kara said...

HA!! Crystal!! I love them!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun!! You had a great view! I am so glad you got to go...and a little jealous.

Crystal said...

We had an amazing time! I wish you could have come with us! Maybe next time!!!