Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot Dogs and Smores

This is Katherine!


Just before Katherine was born, Tonia (my cousin) and I drove to Utah to be there when the big day arrived. We had a great time driving up! We took a crib and highchair in the back of Tonia's little truck and put a tarp over it to protect it a little.  It occurred to us, while stopped to eat, that it looked as if we were carrying a coffin.  We joked and laughed and ended up putting a sign in the back window that said "Please, Don't disturb the dead!"  What a trip!  We slept on the floor, played loud music, I learned how to drive a stick shift, we found tanning booths and became very brown, discovered fake fingernails were painful when they were ripped off, and welcomed Katherine into the world!  It was the best summer ever!!

Every time I got a chance after that I went to see them so I could play with Katherine!  She was the joy in my life!  After high school I moved to Utah to be near!

Last weekend we went to Utah to celebrate Katherine's marriage to Corey.


It was great fun!  


She had fire pits to roast hotdogs and marshmallows


She served Chilean hot dogs, chips, lemonade,


and smores!  What is better than that!


She had some fun seating areas to sit and chat, with comfy pillows handmade by her favorite Aunt!  LOL


She had a fun cake!



Enjoyed a piece


then wiped cake all over Corey's face.


They ended the night with a dance!


With the wedding that morning, luncheon, set up, and the reception that evening, there were some of my family that just couldn't make it through, then there were some that I didn't see until they were climbing into bed that night!

CONGRATULATIONS
Katherine and Corey!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the cake! Very cute! Looks like that was a very fun wedding.

danandcami said...

AWESOME cake and what fun ideas!! That is one that won't be forgotten!

Carrie said...

Beautiful wedding!!!